All pensioners of Indian Armed Forces have been provided medical cover under ECHS with effect from 01 Apr 2008. But, non-pensioners who were sent out of service at a nearly stage due to organizational constraints or discharged at own request, do not have such medical cover. With increased costs of health care, it is extremely difficult for the non-pensioner ESM to meet their expenses on treatment of serious diseases like cancer, renal failure and heart ailments in their old age.
The aim of this aid gratis is to provide financial assistance to a non-pensioner ESM of all ranks and widows to meet medical expenses related to treatment of approved/listed serious diseases like cancer, renal failure, knee replacement and heart surgery.
Financial assistance for treatment of the approved serious diseases mentioned at para 6 in this document is applicable to non-pensioner ESM of all ranks and widows subject to a maximum of Rs 1,25,000/- per year and for treatment of cancer/dialysis subject to a maximum of Rs 75,000/- per annum as follows:-
- (a) For Non-Pensioner Officers/Widows. 75% of total expenditure incurred on medical treatment, hospitalization, medicines etc.
- (b) For Non-Pensioner other Ranks/Widows. 90% of total expenditure incurred per annum on medical treatment, hospitalization, medicine etc.
The following criteria must be fulfilled:-
- (a) Applicant must be a non-pensioner ESM or his widow.
- (b) Should not be member of ECHS or availing AFMS facilities.
- (c) Should be recommended by respective Zila Sainik Board (ZSB).
- (e) Expenditure must be incurred at a approved govt hospital at the rates applicable under CGHS / ECHS.